Facial cupping has been a widely used technique in the treatment room for ages. So, what is facial cupping?
"Cupping is a simple application of quick, vigorous, rhythmical strokes to stimulate muscles and is particularly helpful in the treatment of aches and pains associated with various diseases. Thus, cupping carries the potential to enhance the quality of life."
While there are many different techniques used while cupping, we'll spare you the details and skip straight to potential benefits of seeking this service in the treatment room.
- Increased blood circulation
- Increased circulation and absorption of nutrients to the skin
- Improved absorption of facial products
- Drainage of stagnant fluids
- Reduced puffiness and edema
- Reduced appearance and prevention of facial lines and wrinkles
While we highly recommend this technique, it may not be for everyone - and we recommend consulting with a professional before incorporating into your facial service.
Source: US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health